1. Name and Contact Details of the Controller Responsible Under Data Protection Law
Franckeplatz 1 | House 37
Telephone +49(0)345-21 27 400
Fax: +49(0)345-21 27 433
Name and Contact Details of the Data Protection Officer
Franckeplatz 1 | House 37
2. Personal Data Processed by Us
- Entry at Schwarzes Tor: Licence plate of the vehicle,
- Ground of the Franckesche Stiftungen, Information Center (House 28) und Historical Library (House 22): image data, date and time,
- Reading and catalogue room of the August Hermann Francke Study Center: image data, date and time.
3. Purposes and Legal Basis of Processing
The video surveillance in the Franckesche Stiftungen is based on Art. 6(1) point (f) of the GDPR. The legitimate interest of the Franckeschen Stiftungen is the protection of its material and cultural heritage against vandalism, damage, destruction, and theft.
The video surveillance in the Historical Library and the Information Center is also intended to protect the employed staff in these public institutions.
4. Categories of Recipients
In case of an offence the data will be conveyed to prosecuting authorities and lawyers.
5. Retention Period
- Entry to and ground of the Franckesche Stiftungen, catalogue room of the Study Center: Data are not retained.
- Historical Library, reading room and Information Center: Data are retained for a period of 8 days. In case of an offence data will be retained until the conclusion for the criminal or civil procedure.
6. Your Rights
You have the right to access at any time your personal data processed by us.
Right of Access of the Data Subject acc. to Art. 15 of the GDPR and Section 34 of the DSAnpUG-EU
You have the right to obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you is processed. You may obtain free information from us about the personal data on your identity we store.
Right to Rectification acc. to Art. 16 of the GDPR
You have the right to request us to immediately rectify inaccurate personal data concerning you. Taking the purposes of processing under consideration in this context, you have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
Right to Erasure acc. to Art. 17 of the GDPR
You have the right to obtain from us the erasure of personal data concerning you without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies and processing is not necessary:
- The purpose for which personal data was processed has ceased to apply.
- You withdraw your consent on which the processing is based and there is no other legal ground for the processing.
- You object to the processing pursuant to Art. 21(1) of the GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or you object to the processing according to Art. 21(2) of the GDPR.
- The personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- The erasure of personal data is required in order to fulfil a legal obligation under EU law or the law of the EU member states to which we are subject.
- The personal data has been collected in relation to the offer of information society services referred to in Article 8(1) of the GDPR.
Right to Restriction of Processing acc. to Art. 18 of the GDPR
You have the right to obtain from us restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by you, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- The processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of its use instead.
- We no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but it is required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- You have objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21(1) of the GDPR pending the verification whether our legitimate grounds override yours.
Right to Object acc. to Art. 21 of the GDPR
You have the right to object, on grounds relating to a particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you which is necessary due to a legitimate interest on our part or to perform a task carried out for reasons of public interest or for the exercise of official authority.
If you make use of your right, we will no longer process your personal data, unless we are able to demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for processing which override your interests, rights and freedoms or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to Lodge a Complaint with a Supervisory Authority acc. to Art. 77 of the GDPR
You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement if you believe that the processing of personal data relating to you infringes applicable law.
Nevertheless, we would appreciate it if you could contact us before doing so.
The supervisory authority in charge for us is:
Landesbeauftragter für den Datenschutz Sachsen-Anhalt
Telephone: +49 (0)391 81803-0; fax: +49 (0)391 81803-33
7. Automated Decision-Making Incl. Profiling
We do not apply automated decision-making incl. profiling (Art. 22 of the GDPR).