we are very happy to be there for you again after the closure due to the Corona pandemic from 7 May 2020 and welcome you to our exhibitions!
1) Information for individual visitors:
Before your visit, we would like to familiarise you with the new rules and important information on how to behave in our premises. Furthermore, it is important to contain the spread of the corona virus and thus protect ourselves and our fellow human beings.
- Please note that everywhere in our exhibition areas the distance rule of 1.50 metres to all persons not belonging to your household applies.
- It is only necessary to wear a mask in the traffic areas. Provided that the minimum distance of 1.50 metres can be maintained, a mask is not required in the exhibition areas. In accordance with official regulations, the obligation to wear a mask does not apply to children under 6 years of age. Deaf and hard of hearing persons are also exempt from the obligation to wear masks.
- Before entering the Information Centre and all exhibition halls (House 1, Historical Orphanage and House 24, Historical Library), we will ask you to disinfect your hands on the donors standing by.
- In accordance with official regulations, we ask you to fill out an entry form at the information counter in the Francke residence. This document is used to trace the information chains when a COVID-19 disease is confirmed in the laboratory after a visitor has visited us. The sheet is only passed on to the health authorities if necessary. It will be destroyed four weeks after your visit to us.
- You can also print out the contact sheet at home and bring it filled out with you to your visit. This reduces the processing time in the information centre.
- You will receive a routing slip at the information centre. Please keep it with you during your tour and present it to the exhibition supervisors. Your stay will be recorded here. This measure also serves to track the information chains. The routing slip will be destroyed four weeks after your visit.
- For your safety we will not issue audio guides. Please use the possibility of downloading the app from the Google Play Store to your mobile phone for your tour.
The visit of our exhibitions is NOT possible if:
- You suffer from cold symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, muscle and joint pain, sore throat or headache, nausea/vomiting, stuffy nose or diarrhoea.
- you have returned from abroad within the last 14 days, have been in personal contact with returnees, have stayed in a risk area within Germany designated by the RKI or have had contact with an infected person
2) Information for groups:
Groups are currently allowed to visit the site for up to ten people. We offer bookable guided tours for nine persons plus guide. Please note that due to the limited number of participants, we also recommend that you register for the public tour on Saturday. We kindly ask you to wear a mouth-and-nose protection during a guided tour, as we cannot guarantee that the minimum distance is observed.
Please note that the exhibition on the first floor of the Francke Apartment Building will be closed. Visitor toilets are located on the first floor of the Historical Orphanage.
An elevator ensures barrier-free access to the exhibitions in the Historic Orphanage.
We thank you for your understanding and look forward to your visit.