The boarding house at the August Hermann Francke Latina can accommodate 94 students in 15 modern residential units with a sanitary section and a kitchenette. Additionally, two clubs and three dining rooms create opportunities in order to meet and communicate. The boarding school was founded in 1697 and the Long House was built for students attending the Latin middle school in 1714. Since then the premises of the Pensionsanstalt (boarding school) are to be found here. Today female and male pupils from all over Germany as well as from other countries in the world benefit from the possibility of residing within these time honoured walls so rich in history. A significant innovation after the renovation of the building between 1998 and 2004 is the combination of the music department and the boarding school. This implies that every female and male student, regardless of their branch of education (music or language), finds sufficient possibilities to retreat and relax for learning in school, whereas students of the music department find in the same building the best conditions for the intensive practice on various instruments.