From 1715 on, students have lived and worked in the Long House at the Linden Courtyard which presently is the Houses 8–9. Here, in the historic heart of the Francke Foundations, August Hermann Francke erected a college as a “nursery for prospective preachers and paedagogues”. The former students earned their living by means of teaching in the orphanage.
Nowadays the seminary is also open to students from other disciplines. It consists of 70 single rooms in residential, flat-sharing communities. In addition, an extensive library and a hall as well as seminar and communal rooms are available to the students of the seminary.