In 1710, in collaboration with August Hermann Francke, Carl Hildebrand Freiherr von Canstein (1667-1719) founded the world’s first bible institute in Halle. When the Canstein Bible Institute was established in 1995, this tradition was revived, with a permanent location being created in the historic building of the original Von Canstein Bible Institute in House 24. An informative exhibition at the entrance of the house recalls Canstein’s work.

In  lecture series, conferences, seminars, advanced tuition, multi-media modules, performances and temporary exhibitions, the Canstein Bible Institute gives all those interested the opportunity to familiarise themselves with the contents and tradition of the Holy Scriptures.